I am Just A Blank Space, a new blogger on WordPress. I am thrilled to be able to write this guest post for you. The topic I want to talk about is what I look forward to in a blog. There are a couple of things that I came up with.
The first one is that I like to get to know people through their writing. I do not need a picture of someone. I think the best way to get to know someone is through their writing. Here is a quote that I think describes this the best:
To write means more than putting pretty words on a page. The act of writing is to share a part of a soul with the world
Second I do not want to only read about happy things. That may sound mean but I also like to read it when someone feels bad because that makes someone just real. Everyone has ups and downs in their life and pretending that everything is fine just makes it worse. Sometimes writing about bad feelings can be a big relief and is worth sharing.
There are also different topics or categories I like to read about:
- Thoughts: I like reading about things the blogger thinks about recently. I am a overthinker. My thoughts drive me insane sometimes and it is a great relief to read about what other people think and helps me to get the mess in my head organized a little.
- Opinions: Often I read blog posts about opinions blogger have on different topics. For example body image, politics… Sometimes reading someone else opinion on something can give you a different look on a topic and help you develop your own opinion.
- Feelings: Reading about feelings someone has in different situations can be really interesting. It can help you to deal wit situations that are similar in your life. It also shows that you are not the only one feeling that way.
- Things that happened: I love to read about what is happening in other peoples life. We make new experiences every day. Some are great others are bad. I think that we can learn a lot out of other peoples experiences and when we have to do the same experience later we might already know what to do and how to deal with it.
- DIY: I love DIY. I could spent hours on the internet looking at pictures of projects someone did. It gives me ideas for new things.
- Lists: I do not know why but somehow I love list. They can be about everything. I enjoy reading and writing them.
The most important thing of what I look for in a blog is passion. A passion for writing. If a post comes from the heart it is not important what it is about. Blogs are meant to be a way to share what is in your heart. It is not important how many followers you have as long as you love what you do. Followers are just a nice side-effect. You shouldn’t try to be someone else in your writing just to gain followers.
I hope you enjoyed my post and maybe you want to check out my blog so click here if you do. If you think your blog would be something I am interested in just let me know in the comments. I would love to check it out.
Just a blank space