Hi,everyone! I’ve decided to do a book review because I haven’t done one in a while but I actually really enjoy writing them. So I’ve wanted to read this book for ages and I finally got the chance to have a read, when my friend offered it to me to borrow, I grabbed the opportunity and read it.
*this book review has NO spoilers as I know the annoyance of the ending of a book/film/tv series is ruined*
One thing I hate about book reviews is the long winded paragraphs but I love making lists so I thought I would do pros and cons of the book!
Pros of We Were Liars
- It had a map of the island and the family tree which helped me figure out who was who and what house belonged to who.
- They were very good powerful metaphors which I loved.
- She also linked her life with some of her stories she writes.
- The characters were all important and felt like they all had a role.
- A very good but surprising ending.
Cons of We Were Liars.
- I sometimes got very confused of whose house belonged to who.
- I don’t know why they were called liars, it doesn’t have any back story to it.
- It’s a very complicated book to read. Not in the language way but the way it is written and set out.
- I really didn’t like Gat and Candence’s relationship
- The ending seemed very rushed.
- Some things weren’t solved.
I don’t really know how I felt about the book. It’s a love-hate relationship. I loved the ending and the surprise of it but I think the plot should have been more easier to understand.
But I would highly recommend this book to people who love a mystery but if you love a book with a good romance, then this book isn’t for you, hahaha. If you want to have a look at what books I have read, follow me on Goodreads.
See you later,
Hideaway Girl xxx